Creating a Blended Learning Platform to Reinforce Company Culture for A Global Media Giant
About the Client
A U.S.-based global media, cable and satellite sports television organization. This client is a worldwide leader in media broadcasting in 200 countries, with approximately 8,000 employees worldwide.
The client wanted to launch a new learning initiative to enhance the levels of knowledge and success for their evolving group of employees. Since its most seasoned leadership retires from the company, the organization wanted to capture their expertise and knowledge prior to their exit from the company.
From analysis done through transcripts, captured via interview, we highlighted behavioral examples for future learners to follow and emulate. Our overall learning approach centers on creating a holistic learning of the Culture Factors. Our plan was to use the best of the findings and recommendations and create an impactful learning experience. Instead of a single learning experience through only e-learning or face-to-face training, we recommended using a multi-modal, multi-faceted continuous training program.
Bringing about behavioral changes through training can be challenging. Behavioral change can be brought about only through a concerted effort from the organization and the learner. Motivation plays a key role in behavioral training. Organizations also need to have a method to measure whether a positive behavioral change has occurred in employee thinking.
With these considerations, we recommended a blended learning approach that provides a holistic learning experience using a combination of learning experiences that include three major components:
- An E-Learning Course on Culture Factors followed by assessments
- A face-to-face training workshop mode that is game-based
- On-the-floor hurdles at work for feedback and evaluation
Based on the training objectives, Sify proposed to use the Robust Level to present the e-learning course as most of the learning outcomes of Bloom’s Taxonomy. Learners would have opportunities to apply the learning concepts and principles during the learning experience to simulated or sample scenarios. Applying learning principles in the course also helps learners transfer the learning to work.
- Helped learners achieve a greater level of awareness about the culture that makes for the success of the company.
- Explain the cultural and the demonstrable behaviors that constitute each unique culture factor.
- Demonstrate the culture through demonstrable behaviors at work.
- Better serve fans by knowing, utilizing, and emulating the culture.